We had to put the industry’s largest displacement motor in the Prowler. Combining sport-inspired suspension geometry with high end Arctic Cat accessories, the performance-minded Prowler XTZ provides the ultimate all-around recreation machine that is untouchable by anything in the ROV class. Hardcore fun is only executed when provided with a potent Arctic Cat-built Hemi engine, drivetrain and suspension systems.
Born and bred at Arctic Cat, the powerhouse 950 V-Twin H2 has a 950cc, 4-stroke monster performance mill. The Duramatic automatic transmission has dynamic engine braking with Low, High, Neutral and Reverse. The Prowler is just as easy to use as an Arctic Cat ATV; just gas it and go.
The stance and suspension were race-bred and performance-calibrated with additional ride-in. What is ride-in? The Prowler XTZ will squat roughly 2 inches (depending on driver/passenger sizes) while providing 10” of ground clearance and 10” of suspension travel. The lower ride height and center of gravity inspire riding confidence in aggressive cornering and high speed handling. All that new found horsepower needs to be harnessed, so the engineering staff, improved the suspension geometry and added gas charged monotube shocks for higher performance and less fade. The cab of every Prowler is equipped with dual bucket seats and driver/passenger seat belts, a center console complete with drink holders and dual 12v accessory plugs. The open air cab has a full canopy and various storage compartments like a dash mounted tray shelf, glove box with door and an easily accessible molded tool kit located under the passenger-side seat. Keeping true to Arctic Cat ATV heritage, the Prowler
was designed to conquer any job when it comes to storage and hauling capacities. Lift the hood on any Prowler and you will find a storage compartment that can hold 25lbs of hunting supplies, tools, and can double as a cooler to store ice. The composite cargo bed has a brand new box latch for easier box dumping so you can throw in 600lbs. of the harshest payloads and the Prowler won’t even whimper.?The Prowler XTZ has a front locking 4wd differential with a new, all-in-one 2wd/4wd/Diff Lock rocker switch button for quick engagement shifting and rear mounted swaybar for improved trail driving.
Other amenities of the Prowler XTZ include a brand new front bumper and fascia, a hand-operated parking brake located on the center console, all-new cast aluminum 14” wheels with black painted inlays with 26x9R14 Goodyear MTR front tires and 26x11R14 Goodyear MTRs in the rear for the ultimate in offroad traction. Arctic Cat accessories come standard in the form of nerf bars, box rails, rear view mirror, hood scoop and Pro Grip steering wheel. All this packaged in Sunset Orange Metallic automotive paint that can be buffed and waxed.?No matter where you go in a Prowler XTZ, you’ll be the baddest RUV on the planet. A machine that looks and performs this well, is sure to be noticed.
• 951cc, EFI, SOHC 4-stroke, 4-valve, V-twin, liquid cooled engine.
• The “H” in H2 stands for Hemi. The hemispherical-shaped head creates more complete, more efficient combustion for performance-winning power.
• Electronic Fuel Injection aids in perfect starting no matter what altitude or temperature changes.
• Liquid cooling system with high-capacity radiator and thermostatically-controlled cooling fan provides consistent engine operating temperatures.
• The Duramatic Automatic Transmission has a long-life maintenance-free belt that withstands the harshest of conditions.
• Dual bucket seats with center console allow you easy access to the conveniently located dual plug 12V accessory outlets in the dashboard, glovebox with storage door, or molded tool kit, located underneath the passenger seat. Prowler floors sit higher to protect riders feet from the elements when forging water crossings or muddy terrain. Easier Driver/Passenger Entry/Departure
• The armrests, or side canopy supports have a large radius for ease of entry and departure of vehicle, while the seat belts have large button for easier passenger and driver removal.
Sport-Inspired Performance Suspension.
• The Prowler XTZ leads the way with 10” of ground clearance and 10” of suspension travel front and rear. Performance-minded front and rear gas charged shocks with monotube design, soak up every bit of terrain thrown at it.
New Outboard Brakes and Hand-Operated Parking Brake
• Brand new outboard-mounted rear disk brakes provide positive stopping performance while the hand-operated parking brake located on the center console keeps you planted while parked.
Large Storage and Hauling Capacities
• A fully composite rear cargo box has a 600lb. hauling capacity, resists rust, denting and also acts as a dump box with a pull of a lever located behind the driver seat. A large under hood storage compartment can hold 25 lbs. of gear or doubles as a cooler that holds ice. A dash mounted glovebox with door, provides additional storage. The Prowler is rated for a 1500lb towing capacity and also has a single hand-operated tailgate latch like a pickup truck for easy bed access.
Rims and Tires
• All-new cast aluminum 14” wheels are standard with 26x9R14 Goodyear MTR front tires and 26x11R14 Goodyear MTR’s in the rear provide superb traction in all conditions.
• Displays 14 critical operation indicators including: MPH, odometer, dual trip, hours, clock, fuel level and gear position, also has red display for nighttime readability.
• The Prowler cockpit is laid out so that everything is at your fingertips. 2-wheel to 4-wheel drive is electrically selectable with a new all-in-one 2wd/4wd/Diff Lock rocker switch button for quick engagement shifting. A reverse override button is located on the center console for quicker reverse speeds. A rack and pinion steering system provides easy turning in 2- and 4-wheel drive applications.
Spike Load Dampener
• To handle the 1000 H2’s enormous power output, Arctic Cat has engineered a rear differential to deliver maximum power to the tires with minimum driveline wear.
• 2-Inch Automotive Style Receiver Hitch. This feature allows the consumer to remove the hitch from their 2” automotive receiver and install it into the Prowler’s receiver hitch located on the front and the rear of the vehicle.
• Conveniently molded into the passenger side seat for easy access and secure fit
• New clutch calibration – different rollers and weights for increased acceleration.
• Foot pedals for increased styling and better boot traction. Can also be switched out very easily for new pedal.
Rear View Mirror
• An easy way to see what the competition is doing behind you.
• Frame cover underneath running board/entry areas – Helps styling and aids in frame protection as well as keep mud and debris from entering and collecting on skidplates.
• Sunset Orange painted bodywork with performance-inspired graphics
Review By: UTV Off-Road Magazine